Nambwa River Lodge is located on the banks of the Kwando River within Bwabwata National Park and is the only lodge in the area where it is possible to do night game drives.
Bwabwata National Park provides a sanctuary for more than 35 animal species and upwards of 330 bird species. These animals move freely throughout the area which creates a mecca for wildlife viewing. Nambwa has traversing rights to over 300,000 hectares of the national park where you may spot wildlife such as elephant, buffalo, lion, wild dog and sable lechwe.
However, you don’t even need to leave the lodge to see wildlife as elephants and other animals meander through the camp. Enjoy a sundowner on the deck, only meters above these animals as they traverse below you and go about their feeding.
The lodge features 10 elevated luxury tented chalets built within the canopy of trees, each with a private lounge and a spacious viewing deck.
Activities on offer include game drives in Bwabwata National Park, guided bush walks with an armed ranger and mokoro (dugout canoe) trips on the Kwando backwaters.
- Dining area
- Viewing deck overlooking a waterhole
- Fire pit
- Small reference area
- Free Wi-Fi in the main building
The following activities are possible from this lodge:
- Morning and afternoon game drives in Bwabwata National Park
- Morning and afternoon boat cruises on the Kwando River and backwaters
- After dinner night drives in search of nocturnal animals
- Guided bush walks with an armed ranger
- Mokoro (dugout canoe) trips on the Kwando backwaters
- Visits to the Mayuni traditional village and craft market
- Limited fishing on the Kwando River – catch and release only
Find a holiday idea or suggested itinerary that inspires you, then send an enquiry or call us
Your dedicated travel specialist will create a quote based on your preferences
Together we’ll refine your itinerary until you’re happy and ready to book
From the moment you book until you return home we’re here for you no matter what