Finland Northern Lights Holidays
The brilliant white snow, breathtaking landscape and authentic log cabins of Finnish Lapland provide a truly splendid backdrop for searching for the northern lights.
Finnish Lapland is one of best places on earth to go in search of the aurora – they appear on more than 200 nights a year here. The accommodations we use are chosen for their locations in wilderness areas well away from artificial light sources, increasing the chances of great aurora sightings. Many offer a log fire and some even a private sauna, which adds to the authentic Lapland experience.
Where to see the Northern Lights in Finland
- Travel to Iso-Syote to experience a unique log cabin hideaway in a charming ski resort,
- Stay at Muotka Wilderness Lodge in the eastern Saariselka fells where there’s an option to spend a night in a specially equipped Aurora Cabin.
- Choose a lakeside setting staying at Nellim Wilderness Hotel perhaps spending a night in an Aurora Bubble for optimum viewing potential,
- Newly opened sister properties Inari and Nangu expand the choice of wilderness resorts.
- Stay in an Aurora Glass igloo at Ranua Wildlife Park and search for Arctic animals as well as the northern lights.
- Alternatively, enjoy boutique beauty for adults only at Beana Laponia near Rovaniemi. Huskies take centre stage here and mushing is a popular activity.