This fantastic short break is great for people who want to experience the best of both worlds. Combine the vibrant city of Stockholm with a taste of the wilderness at the incredible Icehotel. Add a range of optional activities and you will see why this is such a popular trip.
- Get your bearings in Stockholm on a boat trip
- Take a stroll through Gamla Stan, the cobbled Old Town
- Don't miss the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Eat out at one of the stylish restaurants
- Take in a theatre show or experience the nightlife
- Sleep in one of the Icehotel's ice rooms, or upgrade to an incredible Art Suite
- Choose from a wealth of winter excursions
- Return flights from Heathrow to Stockholm
- Accommodation in rooms with private bathroom except for the 1 night at the Icehotel in an Ice Room with a shared bathroom
- Daily breakfast
Stretched across an archipelago of 14 islands connected by a network of waterways and bridges, Stockholm is a delightful mix of traditional and contemporary and the city centre can easily be explored on foot. For your night in Stockholm you have a choice of accommodation. However, to appreciate this lovely city we recommend extending your stay here.
During the festive season, the addition of thousands of tiny streetlights, enticing shop windows and excellent Christmas markets, make this trip an even more attractive prospect.
From Stockholm take a domestic flight to Kiruna in the far north of Swedish Lapland. On arrival, transfer to nearby Jukkasjarvi and the world-famous Icehotel. The itinerary includes a night 'sleeping on ice' in an ice room, or you could upgrade to an incredible Art Suite. If you prefer you may spend your whole time here in heated accommodation, subject to availability (just ask at the time of booking).
Prices & Dates
Prices from per person based on two sharing, unless stated otherwise
|Departure||Duration||Twin Price||Single Price|
|Nov 2019 - Apr 2020||3 nights||£1,012||£1,384|
- Return flights from London Heathrow with SAS to Stockholm, domestic flight between Stockholm and Kiruna and return flight to London Heathrow via Stockholm
- Accommodation in rooms with private bathroom except for the 1 night at the Icehotel in an Art Suite 365 with a shared bathroom
- Daily breakfast
- Thermal one-piece suit, boots and mittens to use while staying at the Icehotel
- Airport transfers in Kiruna
- 24 hour emergency assistance from our team during your holiday
- No surcharge guarantee
- Full financial protection »
Optional Accommodation Upgrades:
You may wish to add extra nights either in Stockholm or at the Icehotel or perhaps choose an alternative hotel in Stockholm. At the Icehotel you can upgrade to an amazing Deluxe Suite from £149 per person per night. Please contact us for the different options available and we’ll be happy to provide a quote.
Itinerary & Accommodation
Itinerary & Accommodation
Fly to Stockholm. Take the convenient Arlanda Express train from the airport direct to the city centre (payable locally) and either walk or take a taxi to your chosen hotel. Spend the rest of the day at your leisure, enjoying the many attractions Stockholm has to offer.
After breakfast, you have plenty of time to explore more of this amazing city, then back to the airport (payable locally) for an evening flight to Kiruna. Transfer to Icehotel (included) and check in for a two night stay, one night spent in an ice room and one night in a warm room.
Free to enjoy the many optional excursions at the Icehotel. We strongly recommend to book in advance to avoid disappointment.
There's still time to sample another activity before being transferred (included) to the airport for an afternoon flight to Stockholm and onwards flight home.
Enhance your holiday by pre-booking a selection of excursions and activities. View or download the pdf below and then talk to our Travel Specialists about how best to fit these into your holiday.
Open excursions pdf
Find a holiday idea or suggested itinerary that inspires you, then send an enquiry or call us
Your dedicated travel specialist will create a quote based on your preferences
Together we’ll refine your itinerary until you’re happy and ready to book
From the moment you book until you return home we’re here for you no matter what