Nordic Sales Manager
Tel: 01737 214265
Amy joined Discover the World in 2009 and has been in travel for 12 years. During this time she has spent summer seasons in Cyprus and Spain before moving back to England to spend two years working with an internet travel agent specialising in customer service and looking after clients in resort. With her passion for travel she has been lucky enough to travel to America, Austria, Portugal, Germany, Australia and has recently returned from Mauritius.
Since joining Discover the World Amy has especially loved visiting Iceland; travelling around this amazing volcanic island (her next mission is to witness an erupting volcano)! She has also visited the Faroes, enjoyed a fantastic trip to East Greenland in May, journeyed to the North Cape in Northern Norway, taken an exciting Superjeep through Iceland's highlands and witnessed the most incredible Northern Lights at Abisko. Amy considers herself one very lucky lady to be able to see the beautiful natural wonders that Iceland and Scandinavia has to offer. One of her favourite trips to date was travelling to Finnish Lapland where she enjoyed snowshoeing through the forest as well as seeing the best northern lights she has witnessed to date. They were so amazing she felt like she could touch them. Amy has also had the opportunity to travel to Sweden to look after Discover the World guests visiting the Icehotel, which included two sightings in three nights of the magical aurora borealis. She also braved a night 'on ice' in one of the incredible Art Suites, and even managed to oversleep (proving that they are incredibly comfortable!).
Along with travel, Amy is passionate about the customer service that she gives and the first-hand destination knowledge she is eager to share with her clients.
Amy's Top Travel Experiences
- Snorkelling in between the tectonic plates at Thingvellir National Park in Iceland
- Taking an exhilarating Zodiac boat trip on the stunning Jokulsarlon lagoon with the most beautiful glacier in the background.
- Snowmobiling on the frozen lake near the Icehotel and catching some amazing sightings of the northern lights.
- Hiking into the mountains of Tasiilaq village to discover the amazing waterfall under fresh snow.
- Taking a first helicopter trip over the amazing icecaps and glaciers in Greenland.
- Listening to the unique sound of the Aurora in Finland whilst reaching out to almost touch this incredible natural wonder.
- Visiting the most Northern point of mainland Europe – the North Cape where the horizon meets the sea and the beauty is breath taking.