Nordic Travel Specialist
Tel: (0)1737 887 241
After finishing university in summer 2012, Bruno joined the Nordic team at Discover the World. Having spent time in his younger days exploring Finland and Northern Sweden, Bruno already had a keen interest in this part of the world, and has since been lucky enough to explore the beautiful fjords of Norway as well. Having also travelled to Iceland, mainland Europe, Oman, New Zealand and Australia, there is something about the Nordic countries that keeps him coming back!
My favourite place - Northern Finland is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen – taking a snowmobile trip along the edges of Lake Inari is wonderful, with no artificial light or towns nearby, this is a great trip to get away from it all and if the northern lights come out, they can be absolutely breath-taking!
Bruno's Top Travel Experiences
- Seeing the northern lights explode under a myriad of stars in Iceland
- Witnessing sperm whales, dusky dolphins and fur seals off Kaikoura in New Zealand
- Taking a dip in the Hardangerfjord in May while the water was 3 C°
- Encountering brown bears and a wolverine from a bear hide in Eastern Finland
- Seeing a koala crossing right in front of me on The Great Ocean Road in Australia
- Staying in an Art Suite at the Icehotel
- Racing through Finland’s forest on a snowmobile, the northern lights dancing above
- Staying in a Sami Lavvu in Swedish Lapland
- Seeing hundreds of orcas off the coast of Norway, along with humpback whales bubble net feeding
- Spending a night on the Norwegian Island of Senja in June, with the midnight sun
- A visit to Hobbiton finishing with a local drink at The Green Dragon