Product Manager - Australasia, Canada & Alaska
Lauren joined Discover the World in 2007 working as a Travel Specialist and later as Senior Travel Specialist before moving to the Worldwide Product Team. In the Product Team Lauren worked as Worldwide Product Executive and then Assistant Product Manager for Canada & Alaska and is now Product Manager for Australasia, Canada & Alaska. Lauren relishes working in the Worldwide Product Team and is passionate about travel, conservation, wildlife and creating unique travel experiences and itineraries for our clients.
Lauren’s passion for travel started after living in New Zealand for three years, where she studied and worked. Lauren has also spent several months travelling around South East Asia, Australia and the South Pacific. Since joining Discover the World Lauren has sailed the North West Passage on one of our Polar Voyages, travelled around Alaska on a self-drive itinerary, explored the beautiful islands of French Polynesia and has visited Canada several times, as well as re-visiting Australia and New Zealand multiple times.
Some of Lauren’s favourite travel experiences include travelling around New Zealand by motorhome, whale watching on Canada’s West Coast and hiking along Australia's famous Great Ocean Road. Lauren has also visited Iceland and the world famous Icehotel in Swedish Lapland.
Lauren G's Top Travel Experiences
- Watching the sunrise in The Kimberley, the light beating down on the red sandstone cliffs and the tidal waters sparkling below, one of my favourite parts of Australia - remote, rugged and spectacular!
- Observing the mighty grizzly bears catching salmon in Katmai National Park, Alaska.
- Exploring Abel Tasman National Park by kayak and being joined by some rather inquisitive New Zealand fur seals.
- The first sighting of a polar bear mother and cub in the Canadian Arctic... breathtaking!
- Hearing the amazing roar of water and getting soaked on a Maid of the Mist Cruise at Niagara Falls.
- Discovering Australia’s West Coast by motorhome, travelling from Perth to Shark Bay.