Product Manager - Australasia, Canada & Alaska
Lauren joined Discover the World in 2007 working as a Travel Specialist and later as Senior Travel Specialist before moving to the Worldwide Product Team. In the Product Team Lauren worked as Worldwide Product Executive and then Assistant Product Manager for Canada & Alaska and is now Product Manager for Australasia, Canada & Alaska. Lauren relishes working in the Worldwide Product Team and is passionate about travel, wildlife and creating unique travel experiences and itineraries for our clients.
Lauren’s passion for travel started after living in New Zealand for three years, where she studied and worked. Lauren has also spent several months travelling around South East Asia, Australia and the South Pacific. Since starting at Discover the World Lauren has had the amazing opportunity of visiting the Canadian Arctic on one of our Polar Voyages, travelled around Alaska on a self-drive itinerary and has visited Canada several times, as well as re-visiting Australia and New Zealand multiple times.
Some of Lauren’s favourite travel experiences include travelling around New Zealand by motorhome, sailing the North West Passage in the Canadian Arctic, observing grizzly bears catching salmon in Katmai National Park in Alaska and whale watching on Canada’s West Coast. Lauren has also visited the paradise islands of Fiji and the Cook Islands and the world famous Icehotel in Swedish Lapland!
Lauren G's Top Travel Experiences
- Exploring Abel Tasman National Park by kayak and being joined by some rather inquisitive New Zealand fur seals
- Exploring Australia’s West Coast by motorhome, travelling from Perth to Shark Bay
- The first sighting of a mother polar bear and cub in the Canadian Arctic... breathtaking!
- Hearing the amazing roar of water and getting soaked on a Maid of the Mist Cruise at Niagara Falls
- Observing the mighty grizzly bears catching salmon in Katmai National Park, Alaska