Where to go for a summer school trip
The summer is a fantastic time of year for a fun-filled educational trip. The great weather gives you longer days to pack in plenty of activity and the positioning in the school year makes it a great time to conclude the year’s learning or to put on an action-packed rewards trip! To help inspire you, we have selected our top 3 destinations for the perfect summer trip, and the top reasons to consider these destinations in summer. Plus, no summer trip list would be complete without some amazing photos to show you how stunning these places are in our favourite season!
Long days, midnight sun, scenic landscapes and action-packed outdoor itineraries – the summer season allows you to discover a side to Iceland that is so different from the cold and icy land it is so famed for! Here are our top 5 reasons to consider Iceland in the summer!
- See Iceland like never before, as the wintery and snowy landscape is swapped with a green and blue haven.
- The spray of Seljalandfoss is much more appealing when the sun is out!
- Kerid’s bright blue crater lake is dazzling in summer.
- Take your students on an unforgettable Icelandic horse-riding experience – which is much more appealing in the warmth of summer.
- A clear sky means clear views, showcasing mountainous backdrops and rugged coastlines
Italy’s capital city is a special window into Italy’s unique architecture, geography, history, culture and of course…cuisine. There is a plethora of reasons to go to Rome in the summer seasons, but here are our top 5!
- A short flight time means you pack more into fewer days!
- Value for money as so many iconic landmarks are free to see!
- The Gelato (no more explanation needed)
- Guaranteed sunny Mediterranean weather (just make sure you remember the sun cream!)
- Summer in Rome is quieter than the spring, increasing time slots available at your favourite attractions
Costa Rica offers students the “wow factor” with stunning landscapes, awe-inspiring wildlife and a host of unbeatable activities. Our summer season is a fantastic time to visit this fascinating country, and here are our top 5 reasons why!
- What better place to forget your term time worries than in one of the world’s happiest countries?
- It’s turtle nesting season! Costa Rica is home to dozens of vital nesting beaches and when travelling with us, students will get to assist with the conservation and nesting of giant leatherback turtles!
- The cool breeze in this season allows you to enjoy a wealth of exciting activities from paddle boarding to zip-lining, which in other parts of the year may be too hot to fully enjoy.
- Travelling outside of their summer season decreases the number of tourists in the area.
- Although British summer is the rainy season in Costa Rica, in July and the start of August they experience a mini-dry season!
If you are intrigued by Iceland, Costa Rica or Rome as a destination for your summer 2020 trip, simply fill in our enquiry form and a member of our team will be happy to help.
Launch your trip with a bang!
- Don't let the fear of launching your trip prevent you from booking one in the first place - we have everything you need for the perfect trip launch!
See Iceland like never before!
- Bring the sights and sounds of Iceland straight to your classroom with our brand new interactive GIS map & video resource - the perfect pre-trip classroom activity!