Bay of Naples 2020 – £535pp*
Why should you visit the Bay of Naples in early spring?
The weather in February and March is still very bright, with average highs of 18°C and lows of 11°C, making it not only a lovely break from the rainy UK, but perfect weather for exploring both the vibrant city of Naples and the surrounding area, one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world.
Whilst the weather certainly does not restrict the wealth of activities available to you and your students, the time of year means you are traveling in tourist low season, increasing accommodation availability and giving you definite value for money.
Students will see their geography textbooks come alive as they visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Pompeii and you may even be able to see the magnificent Mount Vesuvius with a glistening snowy top. Plus, the time of year means that not only will these destinations be quieter, giving your students freedom to explore, but they wont have to take take any breaks to apply sticky sun-cream!
The trip itinerary gives students access to some of the most exciting geographical landmarks, whilst getting an authentic cultural experience and giving students an appreciation for local Italian life. Students will visit the buffalo mozzarella farm and you can even add ice cream making at Gelateria David, to give students a memorable taste of Italy. For days when the temperature is a little colder, what better way to warm up then with a bowl of hearty Italian pasta?
5 days in the Bay of Naples
- Explore the fascinating and historic Naples UNESCO city centre, with a guided tour.
- Visit Mount Vesuvius, where your dedicated guide will take a walk up to see the main crater.
- Explore the ruins at Pompeii and see the catastrophic effects the volcano had on the town in 79 AD.
- Admire the Amalfi Coast with a picturesque drive, witnessing the colourful coastline.
- Stop off at the historic centre of Amalfi, famous for stunning cathedrals and tasty gelato!
- Enjoy the alluring and unique Mills Valley trek, where students, with an experienced trek guide, will take a glimpse into Amalfi’s fascinating history, landscape and ecosystem whilst ascending into the mountains above.
- Experience the Pertosa limestone caves.
- Included in your guided tour of the caves is a short boat trip on the subterranean lake created where the River Tanagro has dropped through the porous rock.
- Also, on this day you will visit the Tenuta Vannulo buffalo mozzarella farm.
- Before heading home, you will have a chance to explore the beautiful coastal town of Sorrento.
Price and inclusions
|Based on a group of 40 students and 4 teachers|
|5 days/ 4 nights full board hotel accommodation|
|Return flights from the UK to Naples with EasyJet|
|All transportation during your trip|
|Experienced local guides|
|Dedicated travel specialist for your booking and 24/7 emergency support during your trip|
|Visit to Mount Vesuvius, Pompeii, Pertosa limestone caves, Sorrento and more!|
|*This price may vary based on your chosen dates, group size and activities. Your travel specialist will be on hand to help plan the trip that meets your needs.|
Why choose us for your Bay of Naples trip?
Over the past 7 years, we have been sending students to this stunning Italian region and we have watched them experience the awe over it’s unbelievable geographical features, historic cities and authentic cuisine. Throughout our time, travelling to the Bay of Naples, we have got to know the locals and found the best experiences the region has to offer, all in order to give students a trip that not only helps students grow, but have fun too. Plus, from 2019 we are working with new and exciting partners, to develop our offering and give our customers even better value for money.
When you travel with us you will receive:
- Expert advice from our travel specialists who have visited the Bay of Naples within the last year
- Tailor-made quote with a plethora of affordable optional activities to include.
- Total financial security thanks through our travel industry bonds and licences.
- Price promise guarantee on like-for-like quotes.
- 24/7 support from our team while you are on your trip.
- You’ll also join our Golden Circle Loyalty Scheme where you will start to earn vouchers to put towards your next trip.
- Our Partnership with the GA gives you and your students access to award winning resources to support your trip.
Connect your Bay of Naples trip to the classroom
The aim of this video is to consider the variety of volcanic landforms and the eruptive hazards in southern Italy. In visiting locations in the Bay of Naples, Sicily and the Aeolian Islands, this video interweaves narrative with interviews of local people affected by recent eruptions, expert guides and scientists tasked with monitoring Italy’s active volcanoes.
Don't just see a country, taste it!
Travelling to another country allows visitors to become immersed in the history and culture. But it’s not just about seeing the sights; local food, drinks, traditions, and the environment in which the food was grown helps make a country unique and creates its identity.
Ice Cream Making at a gelateria in Italy – Learn the art of making in gelato at a real Italian “Gelateria”. See, smell and taste this ice cream made in the Italian style.
Pizza Making in Italy – Learn how to make the real Italian pizza in Italy. Did you know that pizza in Naples is known as “pizza alta” (thick crust)?