This three day itinerary can be combined with trips to any of our other Chinese destinations; Shanghai, Hong Kong, Xi’an,Yangtze and Chengdu, to form trips from 7-11+ days
Our China combination recommendation:
Beijing > Xi’an > Shanghai
Departure time: Year round | Currency: Renminbi
- Weather processes & hazards
- Climate change
- Water & river processes, landforms & management
- Geological processes & landforms
- Urban change & growth
- Development & inequality
- Economic change
- Global systems & global governance
- Food resources
- Water resources
- Energy resources
- The Great Wall
- The Forbidden City
- Tiananmen Square
Day 1 – Summer Palace
- On arrival meet your local guide and visit the Summer Palace.
- Enjoy a welcome dinner in a local Hotpot restaurant.
Day 2 – City Planning Exhibition Hall – Tiananmen Square – Forbidden City – Wangfujing Street
- Discover some of the most fascinating cultural highlights in Beijing accompanied by your guide including the historically significant Tiananmen Square and the ancient Forbidden City.
- In the evening visit Wangfujing Street, one of Beijing’s most colourful shopping areas or visit a Kung Fu Show.
Day 3 – Sacred Road – Ming Tomb – Great Wall – Olympic Bird’s Nest Stadium
- View the Olympic Bird’s Nest Stadium which was used in the 2008 games and is set to be used again for the 2022 Winter Olympics and Paralympics.
- Explore the famous Sacred Road, which leads to many historic Ming tombs which have been designated on UNESCO Heritage Site.
- Visit one of the world’s most famous structures and another UNESCO site – the Great Wall of China. At over 2,000 years old the Great Wall is one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
There is more to explore in China, try combining a trip to Beijing with another of our Chinese destinations:
- Hong Kong
- Yangtze and Chengdu