Hong Kong Itinerary
Our Travel Experts are always on hand with advice and recommendations, so that we can help you create the perfect itinerary for your needs. However, if you’re looking for inspiration in the meantime, discover an example itinerary crafted with school trips in mind, below.
This 4 or 5 day itinerary can be combined with trips to any of our other Chinese destinations; Shanghai, Beijing, Xi’an, Yangtze and Chengdu, to form trips from 7-11+ days
Our China combination recommendation:
Beijing > Hong Kong
Departure time: Year round | Currency: Renminbi
- Weather processes & hazards
- Climate change
- Water & river processes, landforms & management
- Geological processes & landforms
- Urban change & growth
- Development & inequality
- Economic change
- Global systems & global governance
- Food resources
- Water resources
- Energy resources
- Temple Night Street Market
- Victoria Harbour
- Hung Hom
- Victoria Peak
- Wong Tai Sin Temple
- Lantau Island
Day 1 – Temple Night Street Market – Star Ferry Cruise
- Visit the theatrical and flamboyant Temple Night Street Market bustling with stalls selling everything from clothes, shoes, watches and even various delicious street foods.
Have dinner on board the famous Star Ferry cruise across Victoria Harbour.
Day 2 – Victoria Peak Tram – Stanley market – Aberdeen – Sampan Cruise – Wong Tai Sin Temple
- Take the tram up to Victoria Peak for panoramic views of the city.
- Visit Stanley Market, a treasure trove for locals and tourists alike.
- Continue on to the picturesque fishing village of Aberdeen where you’ll take a ride on a sampan boat.
- Finish the day with a visit to Hong Kong’s best-known temple, Wong Sai Tin.
Day 3 – Innovation Tower – History Museum – Beijing Duck Dinner
- Compare modern and ancient Hong Kong in Hung Hom with a visit to the futuristic Innovation Tower and the fantastic Museum of History.
- Free time in the afternoon to explore the city at your leisure.
- Commemorate your time in China with a Beijing (Peking) Duck dinner, a traditional dish which has been prepared in China for hundreds of years.
Day 4 – Lantau Island – Ngong Ping Cable Car – Po Lin Monastery – Big Buddha
- Explore Hong Kong’s largest island, Lantau.
- Whisk across the forested mountains to the Po Lin Monastery in the Ngong Ping Cable car.
- Opposite Hong Kong’s most important Buddhist site sits a Giant Buddha which you can get up close to whilst enjoying sweeping views of the mountains and coastline.
Optional extra day
- Adventure awaits in Hong Kong Disneyland.
Your trip doesn’t need to end here! Combine this itinerary with any of our other China centres and create the trip of a lifetime:
- Yangtze and Chengdu