Norway – £700pp
Why visit Norway during the Easter holidays?
The weather in Norway during the spring is perfect for exploring the stunning Norwegian outdoors; the days are getting longer; there is a decrease in rainfall and the temperature is rising. There is a Norwegian saying “there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing”, but we think its easier to embark on a hike when the sun is shining!
Travelling in this spring break means that students can stay in the wonderful Hardangertun Holiday Park, which no other UK provider has access too. Located at the mouth of Hardangerfjord, it is perfectly positioned for students to explore the rugged geography around them. The holiday park itself is designed to promote responsibility and independence in students, from making their own breakfast and lunch to challenging themselves with various active and team building pursuits.
Our featured itinerary also offers many chances for students to explore Norway outside of the holiday park. Norway’s shining example of what sustainability should look like is a major pull for geographers and so, of course, will be incorporated into this action-packed itinerary. Students will have a tour of the Sima hydropower plant among other exciting activities.
Norway truly combines fascinating geography and exhilarating adventure. It is a geographer’s paradise with waterfalls, fjords, rivers, glaciers and much more surrounding them. Students will experience the awe-inspiring scenery in a highly active way. Our suggested itinerary includes via ferrata climbing, zip-wiring, canoeing and trekking making this trip completely unique.
A trip to Norway asks students to embrace their inner Vikings and will help students to develop their teamwork skills and improve self-confidence and risk assessment!
5 days in Norway
- Take in one of Norway’s most spectacular waterfalls, Steindalsfossen.
- Or tour the floating salmon farm and learn why Norway is the world’s largest salmon producer.
- Head to the Hardangertun Holiday park, your home for the next few days.
- Journey through captivating forests and enchanting waterfalls as you hike the Husedalen trail, located at the second largest fjord in Norway, Hardangerfjord.
- Enjoy lunch with a view, as you eat at the top of the trail before descending back down.
- Explore the Sima Power Station, one of Europe’s largest hydroelectric power stations.
- Investigate the interactive Norwegian Nature Centre, where you can engage with the displays and demonstrations to learn about the relationship between Norwegian nature, climate and environment.
- Uncover Norway’s largest national park and northern Europe’s largest mountain plateau, Hardangervidda Plateau.
- Photograph (or simply gaze in wonder at) Voringsfossen, one of Norway’s most famous and beautiful waterfalls.
- Try a new activity – via ferrata climbing, which translates to the “iron path” allowing you to safely climb your way up natural rock.
- Take a leap of faith with an exhilarating zip wire experience.
- Glide through the incredible Hardangerfjord by canoe.
- Say goodbye to the amazing team at Hardangertun Holiday Park and head to Bergen for a night in the picturesque city.
- Pick up your souvenirs, take in the stunning surroundings and enjoy some free time in Bergen, which is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Head home, full of amazing achievements and memories.
Price and inclusions
|Based on a group of 40 students and 4 teachers|
|5 days/4 nights full board hotel accommodation|
|Return flights from the UK to Bergen with Norwegian Airlines|
|All transportation during your trip|
|Experienced local guides|
|Dedicated travel specialist for your booking and 24/7 emergency support during your trip|
|Explore Bergen, Hardangerfjord, Voringsfossen, Sima Power Station and more!|
*This price may vary based on your chosen dates, group size and activities. Your travel specialist will be on hand to help plan the trip that meets your needs.
Why choose us for your Norway trip?
As a company, we have been sending groups to Norway for over 20 years! As a result, we have developed an array of truly Norwegian experiences and have fallen in love with the culture. Our passion for Norway means that we offer vibrant and exciting trips that demonstrate all the things we love about it!
Our strategic partnership with the Geographical Association means that we are working together to make the benefits of international school visits more accessible to geography students, both inside and outside the classroom. We are passionate about inspiring students to love geography and a large portion of our team even come from a background of teaching geography. All of our travel specialists are on hand to help you make curriculum links when you are designing your trip. This means that the trips we are offer are educational at their core, as well as inspiring and fun!
These travel specialists are informative, detailed and have an in depth understanding of Norway. It has been our honour watching students embrace all the things we love about Norway; its stunning natural surroundings and courageous culture.
When you travel with us you will receive:
- Expert advice from our travel specialists who have visited the Norway within the last year.
- Tailor-made quote with a plethora of affordable optional activities to include.
- Total financial security thanks to our travel industry bonds and licences.
- Price promise guarantee on like-for-like quotes.
- 24/7 support from our team while you are on your trip.
- You’ll also join our Golden Circle Loyalty Scheme where you will start to earn vouchers to put towards your next trip.
- Our strategic partnership with the GA gives you and your students access to award winning resources to support your trip.
Find out more about Norway
- Norway is an exciting and educational destination which gives students a chance to leave their technology behind and embrace the stunning outdoors.
- If you are interested in an all active, team-building, confidence boosting and resilience improving trip, there is no better place then the home to the Vikings – Norway!
Other Easter 2020 Suggestions
- China and Sicily are also excellent destinations for Easter 2020.
Nancy from Norway
- Discover what our friend Nancy learnt from growing up in Norway, her top tips for embracing Norwegian culture and the reasons she thinks all schools should visit the wonderful country!