Tel: 01737 214 278
What drew you to the travel industry?
As an independent traveller, I love travelling and the excitement of planning itineraries, so why not use my expertise in helping others to plan theirs?
What do you love most about your job?
I am a stickler for attention to detail and love all the fine tuning of our school groups travel itineraries to ensure everything goes smoothly for them and they have the best experience. Our destinations offer really exciting opportunities and it is most fulfilling receiving feedback that students have had a trip of a lifetime.
What is your favourite Discover the World Education destination:
Iceland – in all my travels I have never been anywhere that comes close to the uniqueness and the spectacular scenery.
How do you spend your time when you are travelling?
On an independent long hike away from the crowds with my SLR for company!
What is your most memorable travel moment?
The amazing spectacle of the Northern Lights at Dryholaey in Iceland – an experience that touches you to the core.
What are your top tips for organising an incredible school trip?
- Decide on your maximum group size that you are comfortable with and have a waitlist which helps to fill a place when you get a last minute cancellation.
- Get students to hand in a photocopy of their passport with their deposit payment – saves lots of time later on in the process.
- Take good supportive staff with you and give them some of the tasks for example counting students on and off the coach.
- Checking the coach and hotel rooms before departure to see if anything left behind – it is amazing the amount of expensive items that get left behind and can be costly to be shipped back to the student – at their expense.
- Do you have a hidden gem you can share...
A hike alongside the Husadalen waterfall in Norway – a full days hike and unlikely you will come across anyone… a truly hidden gem as our groups travel in the low season when they have the place to themselves…