Suggested Kit List for China
- Walking Boots/ Sturdy footwear
- Layered clothing: lightweight tops, trousers and fleeces/ jumpers. Female travellers may find a shawl useful.
- Outerwear: a light waterproof jacket is recommended.
- Sleepwear: hotel accommodation is of a high standard and rooms are warm and comfortable. Pyjamas are adequate.
- Day bag/ rucksack: we recommend a rucksack or backpack, as these are far more suitable for trekking and walking than a shoulder bag or satchel.
- Field Study equipment: as determined by the school/ college.
- Sun protection: please remember to bring a sunhat, sunglasses and a good sun cream.
- Insect repellant
- Lip balm and moisturiser
- Camera and batteries
- Power adaptors
- Glasses: should you wear contact lenses then we recommend bringing a spare pair of glasses as unfamiliar conditions can make wearing lenses very uncomfortable.
Please remember to bring any medication required during your stay. Over-the-counter and prescription medicines may require a doctor’s letter confirming that the drugs are medically required and have been obtained legally. Please contact the relevant Embassy of the country you are travelling to in order to check transportation rules before travel.
We recommend taking as little as possible whilst ensuring you have sufficient to enjoy your trip. Taking too much luggage can be a nuisance, especially if you exceed luggage allowance limits on the flight, or wish to buy souvenirs to bring home.
It is recommended that both students and teachers are able to comfortably carry their luggage themselves.
Beijing is a fascinating blend of history and modernism. Even in just 3 days students can get a captivating cultural experience and visit all the main attractions including the forbidden city, the Summer Palace, The Great Wall and much more!
Hong Kong Itinerary
In just 4 or 5 days in Hong Kong and students will experience every aspect of this captivating Island, from the vibrant city to the stunning countryside. Plus, you can really add a bit of magic with an optional day trip to Hong Kong Disneyland!