About Discover the World Education
Our team is made up of former teachers and school travel experts who will design the perfect geography, science or adventure trip to engage and inspire your students.
We know that value for money is essential for your students and we maintain excellent working relationships with our travel suppliers to make sure we can create you the best possible itinerary for your budget and requirements.
We go beyond most other providers to give you and your students valuable, award-winning resources to support your trips. As the only tour provider that is a strategic partner with the Geographic Association, our joint mission is to make the benefits of school trips more accessible inside and outside the classroom.
We work with teachers like you from all around the world, teachers who are driven to provide their students with once in a lifetime experiences and encourage them to discover their world. Whatever your focus, we will work with you to create a unique itinerary that suits you and your students’ curriculum and their sense of adventure.
98% of teachers who travel with us describe our service as good or excellent. To thank teachers for choosing us, we also have a fantastic Golden Circle loyalty scheme which offers money off your next trips.
On a Discover the World Education trip, health and safety is a top priority. To that end, we have a full and comprehensive Safety Management System. We are assured members of the School Travel Forum, a professional trade association which upholds best in class health and safety processes within its membership. For more information, please visit the School Travel Forum website >
We have also been awarded the Quality Badge by Learning Outside the Classroom. This means we have already been pre-approved by the Outdoor Education Advisers’ Panel in recognition for our safety standards as well as planning and provision of educational tours to meet schools’ academic or pastoral needs. The UK Government’s Department for Education recommends booking residential tours with a Quality Badge holder.
A key benefit of booking with a UK-based tour operator is that you are covered by very stringent British travel industry regulations and UK legislation throughout your holiday so you can book with confidence and security. For more information on how your finances are protected in these uncertain circumstances, check out our Covid Assurance.
Our air school trip packages are ATOL protected by the Civil Aviation Authority. Our ATOL number is ATOL 2896.
All the flights and flight‐inclusive holidays on this website to/from the UK are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. When you pay you will be supplied with an ATOL Certificate. Please ask for it and check the package name and flights you have booked are listed on it.
For further details about the ATOL Certificate visit www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate
The Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust Limited (ABTOT) provides financial protection under The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 for Discover the World Limited, and in the event of their insolvency, protection is provided for the following:
- non-flight packages and
- flight inclusive packages that commence outside of the EU, which are sold to customers outside of the EU*.
* Please note that flight inclusive packages that commence within the EU but outside of the UK will continue to be covered by ABTOT until the renewal of Discover the World Limited’s ATOL number 2896 in March 2019 in accordance with the transition period authorised by the Civil Aviation Authority.
ABTOT cover provides for a refund in the event you have not yet travelled or repatriation if you are abroad. Please note that bookings made outside the UK are only protected by ABTOT when purchased directly with Discover the World Limited.
In the unlikely event that you require assistance whilst abroad due to our financial failure, please call our 24/7 helpline on 01702 811397 and advise you are a customer of an ABTOT protected travel company.
You can access The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 here: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2018/9780111168479/contents.
ABTA & AITO
We are proud of our excellent reputation for looking after our clients, should the unexpected occur. Before and during your trip, our expert Travel Disruption team are on call 24 hours a day to help you should anything happen to disrupt your travel plans.
We pride ourselves on offering a comprehensive range of school trips at excellent value for money. With over 35 years of expertise in offering unique travel experiences to select destinations, we are confident that our prices are the best around.
- In the event that you see a similar school trip at a more competitive price, prior to booking with us, then we shall endeavour to better it.
- If your budget will not stretch to the school trip price shown we would be happy to discuss modifying the itinerary in various ways to make it more affordable.
- Benefit from financial and consumer protection and the assurance that you will be looked after every step of the way.
- The moment your booking is confirmed we will give you our 100% guarantee there will be no price increases or additional fees to be paid.
Since 2010, 98% of groups surveyed rated us as good or excellent. This is a testament of our exceptional service to teachers which is also reflected by numerous awards that we have received for our study trips and geography resources.
We have been prize winners at ‘The British Travel Awards’ for four consecutive years and have won the ‘Best Medium Special Interest Tour Operator’ for 2012, 2013 and 2014.
Our Eyjafjallajokull Volcano Study Aid was judged as ‘likely to make a significantly contribution to geographical education’ and received the Geographical Association Publishers’ Silver Award.
Once your booking has been confirmed by us, we guarantee that there will be no further increases in the cost of your trip, regardless of what happens with currency exchange rates, world oil prices and taxes. No ‘ifs’ or ‘buts’ – that’s our guarantee. Most operators reserve the right to surcharge for a variety of reasons, some up to 30 days prior to departure.
Here is some of their wonderful feedback…
“We especially like the ability to be able to create our own itinerary now we have been to Iceland many times. We would thoroughly recommend Discover the World to any school wanting to do a foreign trip.”
Sarah Page, Harlington Upper School
“I have travelled with Discover the World three times to Iceland and each time I have been super impressed by the service and quality of the tour. I wouldn’t consider another operator and would recommend them above others I have used previously. The quality of the service provided before travel and by the guide, hotels and drivers is always excellent.”
Catherine Enlund, Whickham School
“We were really pleased that you were able to work with us in a flexible manner to help us plan our trip around the research activities we wanted to accomplish with our students. All the additional activities that you suggested were terrific, but we really appreciated that you listened to what we wanted to accomplish and then made suggestions around those ideas. We got the sense from some different tour companies that they would not be as open and would be prescribing everything, which would not have served our needs, so thanks for your flexibility.”
Kirsten Menking – Vassar College, Poughkeepsie New York
About Our Destinations
We’ve been the leading tour provider to Iceland for over 35 years, after our founders fell in love with the country and wanted to share its beauty with the world. We now take schools and groups to our favourite destinations that we are true experts in, including Iceland, Italy, Azores, China, Costa Rica, Montenegro, Norway and Mallorca. These destinations have shaped us and we know how to get the most out of your visits.
- The world's leading tour operator to Iceland with over 35 years' experience
- The largest selection of accommodation & meal venues
- Choose between local guide or teacher tour leader
- Tailor made itineraries & comprehensive range of optional activities
- Perfect for cross-curricular humanities trip
- A dedicated travel specialist with first-hand experience
- The first UK educational tour operator to offer geography trips here
- Tailor made itineraries & comprehensive range of optional activities
- Hand-picked accommodation ideal for UK school groups
- First UK school trip provider to offer this hidden gem of Europe
- Discover dramatic scenery, curriculum links and adventure
- Excellent value trips available!
- First UK school trip provider to show student’s the unexpected side of Mallorca.
- A wealth of fieldwork opportunities available.
- Discover geographic wonder, including mountains, coastlines, cities and caves.
- Diverse ecosytems and wildlife.
- Tailormake an itinerary full of learning opportunities and discovery
- Volunteer with turtles or even try white water rafting!
- Work with a dedicated travel specialist with first-hand experience.
- Stay in exclusive Hardangertun Holiday Park.
- Unleash your students' inner vikings!