Discover the World Education and the Geographical Association have formed a strategic partnership, with the aim of making the benefits of international field studies more accessible to geography students, both inside and outside the classroom.
As part of our ongoing commitment to fulfilling this aim, Discover the World Education have produced a variety of free geography resources.
If you missed our webinar series, created as part of our partnership with the Geographical Association, you can still catch up on them now. Discover more »
Changing Places: Hveragerdi, Iceland
- Changing Places: Hveragerdi uses amazing aerial footage together with interviews to give the viewer an introduction into the development of Hveragerdi and a consideration of the factors that have shaped the nature of this changing place.
Living in the shadow of Italy’s volcanoes
- Explore tectonic hazards in Bay of Naples, Sicily and the Aeolian Islands.
- Includes interviews with local experts and residents.
Eyjafjallajokull: A Geography Case Study
- Geography case study of the famous 2010 eruption in Iceland.
Solheimajokull: A Geography Case Study
- Explore the changes taking place on one of Iceland's most visited glaciers, Solheimajokull.
Whales of Iceland
- This resource helps to introduce students not just to different whale species but to the concept of endangerment, and the key threats faced by marine life such as ocean pollution, human activity, and climate change.
Turtles of Costa Rica
- This resource introduces students to the sea turtles of Costa Rica and the importance of their habitat, assesses the dangers that they face and encourages students to consider how they can help.
Thinking Skills: Perspectives on Sustainability
- Learn about the effects that the tourism boom has had on the environment, local people and visitors.
Student Guide to Responsible Travel
- This guide is packed full of useful hints and tips to help guide students to make responsible and sustainable choices whilst travelling abroad.
The Big Summer Geography Quiz 2023
- It’s here! Our renowned summer geography quiz is now available for you to download!
The Big Geography Christmas Quiz
- It's the most wonderful time of the year...for a Christmas Quiz!
NEW - Coastal Assessment Mats
- This resource is great for adding in that extra layer of depth to classroom activities or coaching students for exams and assessments.
The Big Summer Geography Quiz 2022
- A perfect quiz for the end of term, our popular Big Summer Geography Quiz 2022 is now here!
The Big Geography Christmas Quiz 2021
- It is that time of year again! Add some festivities to your classroom and quiz your students with our Big Geography Christmas Quiz 2021!
Fagradalsfjall Case Study Resource Pack
- This resource brings that eruption to life inside your classroom, featuring a detailed timeline of the activity, fact files, maps and PowerPoint presentations.
The Big Geography Quiz 2021
- It's time for the big quiz 2021! With 10 big rounds, including a bonus from Critical Thinkers, this is the perfect activity to put your students' knowledge to the test!
Glaciology assessment mats
- These assessment mats are primarily aimed at GCSE students, although they could also be beneficial for stretching your more able learners or as a foundation for students entering AS level studies.
The Big Geography Christmas Quiz 2020
- Back by popular demand! It’s that time of year again to add some festivities to your classroom and quiz your students with our Big Geography Christmas Quiz 2020!
The Big ‘Summer 2020’ Geography Quiz
- Put your students knowledge to the test with the Big ‘Summer 2020’ Geography Quiz. The quiz is suitable for most geographers and consists of 10 big rounds.
Mount Thorbjörn Volcano Classroom Activities
- A series of classroom activities around the various reports from Iceland regarding potential magma accumulation and an associated risk of volcanic activity.
Do Now Activities – January 2020
- PowerPoint includes 10 'Do Now' starter activities, with a source image and some prompt questions from January 2020!
The Big Geography Quiz 2019
- 10 rounds of topical geography questions including an exclusive round from Kids Against Plastic
Comparing Lava Types
- Teaching resource, activities and videos on lava types in Iceland
Do Now Starter Activities
- Topical questions to kick off your lesson and get your students thinking!
The Big Summer End Of Year Geography Quiz!
- Last chance to test your students knowledge before the summer
Tectonic Hazards Assessment Mats
- 25 minute homework or in class assessment on tectonic hazards
- including an Eyjafjallajökull eruption case study
The Big Geography Quiz Of 2018
- Download our PowerPoint Quizzes
NEW! "Geography Teacher Zone" community
- Bridge the gap between the latest geography research, the news and your classroom
Iceland and Hawaii: A comparison exercise for your classroom
- Classroom activities: comparing how the physical, social, economic and environmental effects differ in Hawaii and Iceland.
Using literature in the geography classroom: Iceland
- How can geographers support their students to develop literacy skills? Jo Coles provides her advice and a range of classroom activities...
How to Speak 'Volcano'
- Jo Coles discusses the importance of using geographical language in the classroom and provides ideas on how to get your students speaking like geographers.
How to Speak 'Glaciers'
- Jo Coles discusses the importance of using geographical language in the classroom and provides fun classroom exercises to get students thinking like a glaciologist.
What Did Geography Do This Summer?
- We all know that geography never rests - even for a summer break - but how much attention were your students paying to the news over the summer?