Our COVID Money-Back Assurance
We know that in these uncertain times, financially committing to a school trip can feel daunting. But we also know you are still hopeful to give your students a once in a life time school trip, especially in the aftermath of one of the most challenging periods we have seen.
Therefore, any new booking comes with our COVID money-back assurance which gives you all the benefits of booking your school trip now, with minimal financial risk.
Why book your school trip now?
- You’ll have the widest choice of flights and accommodation to secure your ideal itinerary at the best price
- The pastoral benefits of getting students excited for their upcoming trip
What is our COVID Money-Back Assurance?
- For any group that books a new school trip from October 1st 2020 and chooses to cancel, you will receive a refund. You may have to forfeit your flights deposit depending when you cancel, see below
- Like our trips, your deposit schedule is fully tailor-made to your needs
- As always, you will have a dedicated travel specialist who will be available to guide you through the planning process and be on hand to answer any questions
What are the refund details? How much are we entitled to?
We have worked with our suppliers to be able to offer you as much flexibility as possible. This means that if you have to, or decide to cancel, we will be able to offer you a refund. The only exception to this flexibility is with flights. But don’t be alarmed, we are still able to offer you increased flexibility when securing your flights. There are two avenues we can take depending on the stage you are at in your booking.
- If you have paid your deposit with us and decide to cancel before we have booked your flights for you, you will receive 100% of the money you have paid us.
- If you have booked a school trip with us and decide to cancel after we have booked your flights, you have multiple options depending on your situation;
- If the FCDO advises “all but essential travel” leading to your flight being cancelled you will receive a full refund
- If you have booked with Icelandair, British Airways or Jet2, you will only be charged a small cancellation fee (£25pp for Icelandair, £40pp for BA and £30pp for Jet2) if you are cancelling for a reason that falls under our COVID assurance scheme (listed below) and within 85 and 70 days prior to your departure date
- If you have booked with a low budget airline, we may have to offer less flexibility as we have to commit to the full cost of the flight at the time of booking, which is non-refundable to us. Therefore if you have selected this option, you may not get a refund on the cost of your flights, but will still receive money back for other aspects of your trip if you cancel within 85 and 70 days prior to your departure date
What reasons for cancelling flights will be protected in our COVID Assurance scheme?
- FCDO advising against all but essential travel to your destination
- Department for Education ban on overseas trips
- A quarantine upon arrival in your trip destination
- Quarantine is in place in your home country for those arriving from your trip destination
- National or regional lockdown restrictions which prevent your group from travelling
- If social distancing regulations would make group travel infeasible
The health and safety of our students has always been a top priority to us. We understand that in the aftermath of the pandemic, teachers, students and parents will need more reassurance that we are able to provide a trip that is safe for everyone.
We are assured member of the School Travel Forum (STF) and holders of the Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge. The STF is constantly reviewing and releasing increased health and safety measures, specifically focused on Covid-19. The STF code of practice puts in place a robust framework for school travel safety, with all accommodation, activities and transport providers assessed against best-in-class standards.
During summer 2020, updates to our requirements put a stronger emphasis on prevention of the spread of infection, including specific measures in regard to surveillance, prevention and response to covid-19. Our suppliers are audited to ensure they meet local requirements, have appropriate and reviewed policies, processes and training.
Before you confirm a booking, we will provide detailed health and safety guidance regarding your destination and your tour, and once booked will keep you appropriately updated of any key changes.
Support for teachers...
We have always prided ourselves on support we have given teachers during the planning and launch stages of their trip. During these uncertain times, we will continue to do this, even if it has to be virtually for now. This means we will be able to do video presentations to parents, live webinars for teachers planning school trips during COVID, plus all of the resources that can be found on our School Trip Launch Pad!
In addition to the above, we will continue to support our teachers, as we have done throughout the pandemic with a range of free resources, webinars and online CPD. From next year, our teacher inspection visits will resume, designed to help teachers to regain confidence and familiarise themselves with highlights of their proposed trip, with the dedicated support of our tour leaders.