Successfully combining tradition and history with contemporary design, Hotel Brosundet’s building is one of ten to be protected after it was rebuilt following the fire of 1904.
Now housing many hotel rooms, you can really soak up the atmosphere of the vibrant town of Alesund in this classical, Art Nouveau-style warehouse. Appropriately, the Art Nouveau Centre (Jugenstilsenteret) is only 100 metres away and the hotel itself offers remarkable views towards the town’s centre, or out across the harbour, where the fishing boats rest at anchor.
For those wishing to explore a little further afield, the hotel offers bikes free for hire.
Found near the North Sea, fresh fish is frequently found on the hotel’s menu and the chef takes pride in preparing these local specialities. Beer-steamed mussels are a common favourite, although the menu changes monthly and keeps things interesting for return visitors.
- Standard rooms and junior suites are available
- All rooms have an ensuite bathroom, hairdryer, cable TV and telephone
- Some standard rooms can accommodate an extra bed
- Buffet breakfast
- Restaurant Maki’ with canal views specialising in seafood
- Complimentary supper buffet served between 18:00-20:00 (Sun-Thu; excl June, July & August, subject to availability)
- Lounge area
- Laundry service
- Parking nearby at an additional charge
- Free Wi-Fi
- Safe deposit box available at reception
Find a holiday idea or suggested itinerary that inspires you, then send an enquiry or call us
Your dedicated travel specialist will create a quote based on your preferences
Together we’ll refine your itinerary until you’re happy and ready to book
From the moment you book until you return home we’re here for you no matter what