Here at Discover the World, we champion the fight against the bland and predictable. We know that our clients are passionate and discerning travellers looking for authentic, exciting and meaningful experiences on holiday. That’s why we only feature destinations that we’re genuinely passionate about – and have first-hand, in-depth, expert knowledge of.
When Discover the World’s founder, Clive Stacey, first visited Iceland over 40 years ago, his three-week trip became a life-changing adventure that laid the foundation for what is now one of the UK’s leading independent travel companies.
We’ll show you hidden gems and take you on unforgettable adventures led by the best guides in the business. We’ll recommend our favourite, tried-and-tested hotels and suggest itineraries that reveal the magic of a destination – whether you have a few days to spare or several weeks to immerse yourself in a country.
Welcome to our World
- From Nordic Europe to Australasia, the Americas to the polar regions, our stunning destinations offer a lifetime of unforgettable experiences from self-drives to expertly guided group and small ship expeditions
- See all destinations »
- Discover the World Education has over 30 years experience arranging worldwide educational and adventure travel to countries including Iceland, Italy, the Azores and China.
- School Trips »
At Discover the World, you can be certain of three things:
- We are experts in every destination we offer and we will put our heart and soul into creating an unforgettable holiday for you. Read customer reviews »
- We will use our expertise to advise you on holidays that are tailored to your exact requirements, your budget and timescale. Meet the team »
- We offer a unique, no-quibbles 100% guarantee to give you complete peace of mind while on holiday.
How we’re different
Inspiration, insight and innovation spearhead our approach to creating holidays in all our destinations – from Alaska to Iceland to New Zealand. We’re not a small, inexperienced tour operator. Nor are we too big and impersonal. We are a dedicated Travel Specialist who design and create holidays for our customers.
We also set the highest standards in terms of business ethics – for example, we guarantee no surcharges whatsoever once your holiday is booked with us. And if anything happens which you don’t like, between booking your holiday and returning home, you will be able to make direct contact with our managing director, Clive Stacey.
We’ve been there
There’s nothing like personal experience from someone who’s been to elevate your holiday out of the ordinary. Our friendly team of Travel Specialists know their destinations inside-out and will channel Discover the World’s 35-plus years of expertise, enthusiasm and passion into making your holiday amazing. They will tailor an itinerary to your individual requirements and at the best price possible at the time of booking.
Research and partnerships
We’ve been at the forefront of tourism to Iceland, Lapland and the polar regions for over 35 years and are proud to consistently provide authentic holidays to passionate travellers.
Our flexible itineraries have been carefully researched and fine-tuned to include the places we know our clients will enjoy – from iconic sights to hidden gems. Over the years, we’ve developed special partnerships with the best hotels, activity providers and local guides – and that can mean only one thing: your holiday will be special too.
We’re with you all the way
When you book with us, our unique 100% Guarantee protects you, your family, your holiday and your finances. It also ensures that you experience a quality, value-for-money holiday and will be looked after by our expert team every step of the way. When you travel with us, you’re in safe, experienced hands. It’s as simple as that.
Many of our clients travel with us time and time again – and recommend us to others.
More from Discover the World
Digital Travel App
- Our next generation iDiscover app has been designed to allow you to use your own smart device whilst on your Nordic holiday to enhance your experience.
- Discover more »
- We believe travel is about finding the right balance between minimising our impact on the environment and broadening minds through new experiences and cultural interaction.
- Discover more »
Request a brochure
- Our 'Little books of inspiration' and our Discover Magazine can be viewed online or you can request your very own hard copy, delivered straight to your door.
- Order your copy »