A collection of cabins and suites located on its own island, beautifully positioned on the waterfront and within easy walking distance of Svolvaer town centre.
Svinoya Rorbuer offers several accommodation options and a great choice for guests visiting Svolvaer, Lofoten’s capital. All of the original 33 cabins or rorbuer are of high quality with 1-3 twin bedrooms – sleeping up to 6 people, a well equipped kitchen and one or more bathrooms. They come as standard or luxury rorbuer and are situated a short distance form the main building. Originally used as houses for the fishermen who made their living in Lofoten’s waters, considerable emphasis has been placed on maintaining the original features and time-honoured craftsmanship of these houses. Sheltered by spectacular mountains on one side, and the indigo sea on the other, this accommodation is perfectly suited to enjoying the natural wonders of Lofoten.
Rorbu Suites are detached modern cabins and split over two floors, sleeping up to 8 guests with 3-4 bedrooms. They are just a couple of minutes from the main building with views over the harbour and excellent facilities. A little further away is the small hotel, The Vestfjord Suites, which is 300 metres from the main reception and restaurant. The hotel has just 6 hotel style rooms, two double rooms, two Junior Suites with one bathroom and two Suites with two bathrooms.
The restaurant ‘Borsen Spiseri’ serves a variety of local fish specialties, while Norwegian schnapps, such as Akvavit, can be enjoyed in the bar and terrace.
- Rorbuer cabins: original or newly built Rorbuer cabins including standard 1-bedroom cabins, 2-bedroom cabins, 3-bedroom cabins, deluxe 2-bedroom cabins and deluxe 3-bedroom cabins
- All cabins have an ensuite bathroom, living room with cable TV and well-equipped kitchenette (four electric hobs, oven, fridge, small freezer, kettle and coffee maker)
- The deluxe 2-bedroom cabin has two bathrooms (shower)
- The deluxe 3-bedroom cabin has three bathrooms (shower)
- Rorbu suites each with 3-bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room with cable TV and well-equipped kitchenette (four electric hobs, oven, fridge, small freezer, dishwasher, kettle and coffee maker) split over two floors and have a waterfront terrace or balcony.
- Breakfast buffet and evening meals served in the restaurant
- Laundry service
- Free parking
- Free wi-fi
- Choice of activities
- Mini supermarket located 10 minutes walk away
- 20 minutes walk from the centre of Svolvaer
Find a holiday idea or suggested itinerary that inspires you, then send an enquiry or call us
Your dedicated travel specialist will create a quote based on your preferences
Together we’ll refine your itinerary until you’re happy and ready to book
From the moment you book until you return home we’re here for you no matter what