Car Rental in Finland
Below are the main terms which apply when renting a vehicle in Finland, though please refer to the relevant rental company’s website for the latest terms and conditions applicable. You should take careful note of the standard exclusions that apply. Please note that driving under the influence of any intoxicants will invalidate the insurance.
Here are the main terms which apply when renting a vehicle in Finland. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us.
- Rental of the car for the agreed period on an unlimited mileage basis
- Loss Damage Waiver (LDW), Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) and Winter cover*
- Finnish VAT (@ 24%)
* Winter rentals only
- Insurance policy upgrades (see below)
- Fuel and oil
- Additional driver charge may apply
- Young driver charge if applicable
- Driving penalties
- Any additional extras such as a baby or child seat and luggage rack
- Toll fees if applicable
- One-way rental fees and out of office hours supplement
- Delivery and collection of the vehicle charges
- Refuelling charge
All rentals include a standard insurance policy and include Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) and Personal Accident Insurance (PAI), plus Winter cover for winter rentals.
The LDW insurance waives liability in case of damage to the rental vehicle and the driver is only responsible for the excess charges. Excesses are charged locally in Euro.
Windshield & Tyre Insurance (WTI)
This is an additional extra you may be offered when collecting the vehicle
When collecting the vehicle the car rental company will offer you to take an upgraded insurance policy in order to reduce the excess. This insurance also includes the windshield and tyre insurance (WTI). The charges vary depending on car category and rental company.
If you damage a rental vehicle the excess charges can be very high. Whilst it is possible to purchase Excess Waiver Insurance at the time of collecting your vehicle, this can also be expensive and generally only reduces the excess. You should consider taking out cover before your depart and one UK company offering excess waiver insurance is Insurance4CarHire. This policy covers you for reimbursement of the insurance excess, accidental damage to the vehicle, windows, tyres and damage caused by sand and ash, loss of car keys, plus many other benefits.*
* Please note Terms and conditions apply
- Insurance4CarHire excess insurance excludes motorhomes, camper-vans and accidental damage to the interior or contents of the vehicle.
- The insurance policy must be taken out in the same name as the lead passenger on the car hire booking.
- You must take out this cover at least the day before collecting your vehicle.
- The policy is only applicable for people aged 21-85 years inclusive and you must also be permanent residents of the European Economic Area (EEA). These policies are always subject to the same exclusions and conditions as stated in the standard insurance provided by the car hire company (unless specifically noted otherwise).
For full details and options please visit Insurance4CarHire or call direct on 01242 538 475