Car Rental in Norway
We use the services of Sixt Car Rental for vehicle hire in Norway.
Please note vehicle types may vary (below are guidelines, and similar makes and models are also distributed for each category; we reserve the right to substitute an alternative vehicle of the same or higher category).
Other types of vehicles available, so if you can’t find quite what you are looking for below, please contact our team of Travel Specialists.
Below are the main terms which apply when renting a vehicle in Norway. Should you have any specific requirements just let us know. We will endeavour to provide the requested vehicle. However, if this isn’t possible, we reserve the right to provide an alternative of a similar or superior standard. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us
- Rental of the car for the agreed period on an unlimited mileage basis
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and Theft Protection (TP)
- No charge for second driver
- Norwegian VAT (@ 25%)
- Insurance policy upgrades
- Fuel and oil
All rentals include a standard insurance policy and include Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and Theft Protection (TP). This CDW and TP insurance waives liability in case of damage or loss to the rental vehicle in excess of approx. £1100 (NOK 10000) for standard vehicles. Excesses are charged locally in Norwegian Krona.
Clients should take careful note of the standard exclusions that apply to vehicles hired in Norway. Please note that driving under the influence of any intoxicants will invalidate the insurance.
When collecting the vehicle the car rental company will offer you to take an upgraded insurance policy in order to reduce excess. This is charged at NOK 120 per day and will reduce the excess up to £555 (NOK 5000).
You may want to consider taking an upgraded cover with Insurance4CarHire, which must be purchased before your departure from the UK. Take advantage of an excess protection package from just £3.99 per day or an annual policy from £39.99.
How does Excess Reimbursement Insurance work?
Excess Reimbursement Insurance is a voluntary insurance, which is useful if there is an excess applicable to your car hire. The cover applies to the individual, so you are covered, even if you change the car hire company or the type of car that you have hired.It is designed to repay the excess or repair costs you have to pay under the terms of the rental agreement following damage to the rental vehicle. The reimbursement of the excess is subject to the exclusions detailed in the terms and conditions.
The policy can be bought up to 364 days in advance, right up to before you collect the rental vehicle.You can choose to buy either an Annual policy, which will provide cover for multiple hires throughout the period of cover, or a Daily policy which will provide cover specifically for the days that you request it.
What is covered
Key features and benefits include:
- Excess on damage and theft up to £6,500 per year
- Drivers aged 21 to 85 years old (inclusive)
- Covers damage to the windows, undercarriage, roof, tyres and headlights not otherwise covered by damage waivers from car hire companies
- Damage caused by using the wrong type of fuel: up to £500 per claim and £2,000 per year
- You (the policyholder), plus up to seven additional drivers named on your rental agreement
What is not covered
Please be aware that for this policy is only valid for residents of the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Ireland, Sweden or the Netherlands. Coverage exclusions include:
- Damage to the interior or contents of the car
- Drivers must be aged between 21 and 85 years of age
- Rentals contracts cannot be longer than 60 continuous days
- Where damage is the result of driving off-road
- If the market value of the Rental Vehicle exceeds £120,000
Full details of what is and isn’t covered can be found in the policy wording. The policy documents are available in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Swedish and Dutch. These can be found on the product description pages of the insurance4carhire website.
You can buy this insurance through the following link: www.insurance4carhire.com/discovertheworld or call 0844 892 1770.