Car Rental in Norway
We use the services of Sixt Car Rental for vehicle hire in Norway.
Please note vehicle types may vary (below are guidelines, and similar makes and models are also distributed for each category; we reserve the right to substitute an alternative vehicle of the same or higher category).
Other types of vehicles available, so if you can’t find quite what you are looking for below, please contact our team of Travel Specialists.
Below are the main terms which apply when renting a vehicle in Norway. Should you have any specific requirements just let us know. We will endeavour to provide the requested vehicle. However, if this isn’t possible, we reserve the right to provide an alternative of a similar or superior standard. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us
- Rental of the car for the agreed period on an unlimited mileage basis
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and Theft Protection (TP)
- No charge for second driver
- Norwegian VAT (@ 25%)
- Insurance policy upgrades
- Fuel and oil
All rentals include a standard insurance policy and include Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and Theft Protection (TP). This CDW and TP insurance waives liability in case of damage or loss to the rental vehicle in excess of approx. £1100 (NOK 10000) for standard vehicles. Excesses are charged locally in Norwegian Krona.
Clients should take careful note of the standard exclusions that apply to vehicles hired in Norway. Please note that driving under the influence of any intoxicants will invalidate the insurance.
When collecting the vehicle the car rental company will offer you to take an upgraded insurance policy in order to reduce excess. This is charged at NOK 120 per day and will reduce the excess up to £555 (NOK 5000).
If you damage a rental vehicle the excess charges can be very high. Whilst it is possible to purchase Excess Waiver Insurance at the time of collecting your vehicle, this can also be expensive and generally only reduces the excess. You should consider taking out cover before your depart and one UK company offering excess waiver insurance is Insurance4CarHire. This policy covers you for reimbursement of the insurance excess, accidental damage to the vehicle, windows, tyres and damage caused by sand and ash, loss of car keys, plus many other benefits.*
* Please note Terms and conditions apply
- Insurance4CarHire excess insurance excludes motorhomes, camper-vans and accidental damage to the interior or contents of the vehicle.
- The insurance policy must be taken out in the same name as the lead passenger on the car hire booking.
- You must take out this cover at least the day before collecting your vehicle.
- The policy is only applicable for people aged 21-85 years inclusive and you must also be permanent residents of the European Economic Area (EEA). These policies are always subject to the same exclusions and conditions as stated in the standard insurance provided by the car hire company (unless specifically noted otherwise).
For full details and options please visit Insurance4CarHire or call direct on 01242 538 475