This well-paced independent holiday makes use of the famous Alaskan Railroad to take in the national parks of Kenai Fjords and Denali as well as the cities of Anchorage and Fairbanks. With a number of classic sightseeing excursions from glacier cruises to jet boating included in the price, this itinerary is not just for rail enthusiasts and is a great alternative to self drive touring. So, sit back, relax, and enjoy Alaska from a different perspective.
- Take in the spectacular views along your scenic rail journey
- Experience the wildlife wonders of Denali National Park
- Learn about traditional Athabascan culture on a sternwheeler riverboat tour
- Accommodation in rooms with private bathroom
- Internal flight between Fairbanks and Anchorage
- Cruise through the Kenai Fjords National Park
- Jetboat tour of Talkeetna
- Bus tour into Denali National Park
- Fairbanks sightseeing tour with riverboat cruise
Ideal classic sightseeing trip for independent travellers on the famous Alaskan Railroad.
Prices & Dates *
Airfares start from around £1,000 per person and are quoted separately to the holiday price. When enquiring, our Travel Specialists will provide the best fare possible from your preferred airline / airport.
From prices per person based on 2 sharing a room with private bathroom
|Departure||Duration||Accommodation||Twin Price (pp)|
|15 May - 26 May 2019||8 nights||Standard||£1,936|
|15 May - 26 May 2019||8 nights||Superior||£2,630|
|27 May - 31 Aug 2019||8 nights||Standard||£2,169|
|27 May - 31 Aug 2019||8 nights||Superior||£2,840|
- Accommodation in rooms with private bathroom (standard or superior)
- Alaska Railroad as per itinerary (Standard package with Standard Adventure Class Carriage; Superior package GoldStar Dome Carriage)
- 6 hour cruise in Kenai Fjords National Park with lunch
- 2 hour wilderness jetboat tour from Talkeetna
- 8 hour bus tour into Denali National Park with snack
- Half-day Fairbanks sightseeing tour with Riverboat Cruise
- Internal flight from Fairbanks to Anchorage (economy class)
- 24 hour emergency assistance from our team during your holiday
- No surcharge guarantee
- Full financial protection »
Itinerary & Accommodation
Itinerary & Accommodation
Arrive in Anchorage and make your own way to your hotel.
Embark your train on the Alaska Railroad south to the scenic Kenai Peninsula and the port town of Seward.
A 6-hour cruise through Kenai Fjords National Park is included today - keep watch for whales and other marine wildlife as you marvel at calving glaciers and sparkling icebergs. Later board the train back to Anchorage.
Continue your rail journey north to Talkeetna - on arrival this afternoon you will join a jet boat excursion into the wilderness. You may spot beavers, moose or bald eagles, and weather permitting enjoy views of Mt McKinley and the Alaska Range in the distance.
Board the train to Denali - your accommodation tonight is located near the entrance to Denali National Park.
Enjoy a 8-hour guided excursion into Denali National Park today. Take in spectacular views and keep your eyes peeled for wildlife, which may include bears, moose, herds of caribou or even a lone wolf. Later, continue by rail to the city of Fairbanks.
Enjoy exploring Fairbanks today, where a half-day sightseeing tour has been included. An authentic sternwheeler riverboat provides the ideal way to cruise the Chena and Tanana Rivers, taking in some of the local Athabascan Native Indian culture and the area's natural history.
Board a flight back to Anchorage for your final night in Alaska.
Make your way back to the airport for your flight home.
Find a holiday idea or suggested itinerary that inspires you, then send an enquiry or call us
Your dedicated travel specialist will create a quote based on your preferences
Together we’ll refine your itinerary until you’re happy and ready to book
From the moment you book until you return home we’re here for you no matter what