The Ultimate Geography Teacher CPD Course
What better way to enhance your Iceland case study than by experiencing the land of fire and ice yourself? Join us for an unforgettable learning experience in partnership with the Geographical Association.
We’ve created bespoke lectures and tours for geography teachers to learn about all things Iceland. You’ll also explore some of the latest teaching methods that support your student’s case studies and enhance their learning.
Our partners Richard Allaway from Geography All The Way, and Matt Podbury from Geography Pods will lead the course, and our Internal Iceland and CPD expert Karen Corfield tailor each module to your unique learning goals.
As well as experiencing the geographical wonders of Iceland during your four-night trip, you’ll receive access to online webinars with our expert course leaders before you leave and when you return to help get the most out of your training.
When: 26th – 30th June 2024
50% of the cost of this trip is refundable, upon organising a Discover the World Education Iceland school trip, with at least 20 paying students, travelling by 31st December 2026.
Spaces are limited, don’t miss out! Email our travel specialists or call 01737 218 807
- Explore the many case studies Iceland has to offer, including understanding focus countries and how to use focus countries for various case studies
- Choose specific case studies based on student engagement, accessibility, and cross-over with other academic requirements
- Research, build, revise, and reflect high-quality case studies
- Learn how to assess your students’ understanding of case studies
- Audit case studies, including current examples used throughout school curriculums
- Utilise mega case studies that cover multiple syllabus objectives
- Learn how to stay updated on new case studies and new developments in existing case studies
Arrive in Iceland and head to accommodation
Visit Reykjanes peninsula, Nattaghi, Krysuvik, Reykjavik, Flyover, Hellisheidi Carbon Capture, and lava tunnel followed by an overnight stay in Hotel Hjardarbol, Hveragerdi
Visit Solheimajokull, Vik, Dyrholaey, Reynishverfi, Sogafoss, Seljalandsfoss
Visit the Golden Circle including Gullfoss, Geysir, Pingvellir, Ljosafoss HEP, Fridheimar. Head back to Reykjavik to experience the Lava Show
- All activities mentioned in the itinerary
- Professional guide and expert course leaders
- Pre and post-tour online courses
- Half board basis (breakfast and evening meals, plus lunch on two days)
- All transport in Iceland, including airport transfers.
Price does not include:
- Single rooms (supplement charge applies and subject to availability)
- Transport or flights from your home country
- Travel Insurance
Want to find out more? Email our travel specialists or call 01737 218 807