Car Rental in Australia
A full range of manual and automatic vehicles is available from Hertz Car Hire, from a Toyota Yaris 1.5 litre manual to a 6-seater Kia Grand Carnival people-carrier. With depots throughout Australia, contact our team for details regarding the vehicle categories available at specific locations.
Please note that named vehicles are given as examples only – similar vehicles may be used within each group.
The following vehicles are also available
Please contact our expert team for full details regarding insurance excess reduction options, minimum hire periods, one-way rental fees and other local payments. These do vary depending on the location and category of vehicle hire.
All drivers must be 21 years old or over and hold a current full resident driver’s licence (with an English translation shown on the licence) from their home country. An International driver’s licence will be accepted as long as it is accompanied by a home country licence. Group M vehicles have a minimum age requirement of 25 years. Drivers from 21 to 24 years will be required to pay a young drivers surcharge of AU$27.50 per day which is payable locally. Maximum fee AU$192.50 per rental. There is no set maximum driving age, however, a medical certificate is recommended from drivers over 75 and rental is subject to the discretion of the local depot.
Hertz has a non-smoking policy for all its vehicles.
If you damage a rental vehicle the excess charges can be very high. Whilst it is possible to purchase Excess Waiver Insurance at the time of collecting your vehicle, this can also be expensive and generally only reduces the excess. You should consider taking out cover before your depart and one UK company offering excess waiver insurance is Insurance4CarHire. This policy covers you for reimbursement of the insurance excess, accidental damage to the vehicle, windows, tyres and damage caused by sand and ash, loss of car keys, plus many other benefits.*
* Please note Terms and conditions apply
- Insurance4CarHire excess insurance excludes motorhomes, camper-vans and accidental damage to the interior or contents of the vehicle.
- The insurance policy must be taken out in the same name as the lead passenger on the car hire booking.
- You must take out this cover at least the day before collecting your vehicle.
- The policy is only applicable for people aged 21-85 years inclusive and you must also be permanent residents of the European Economic Area (EEA). These policies are always subject to the same exclusions and conditions as stated in the standard insurance provided by the car hire company (unless specifically noted otherwise).
For full details and options please visit Insurance4CarHire or call direct on 01242 538 475