Tel: 01737 363 623
Ben’s love of travel really started when he was granted a year's working visa to work and explore Australia a decade ago. This proved to be the start of many adventures as he has now visited 40 countries at the last count. Ben prefers to wander off the beaten track and test himself by travelling like a local and the challenges that involves. He has the belief that part of the experience of travelling is to interact with the locals and to immerse oneself within different cultures.
Ben is glad to be part of the Discover the World team working with people that have similar passions to himself.
Ben's Top Travel Experiences
- Swimming with pink dolphins and fishing for piranha in the Bolivian Amazon
- Feeling the weight of history wash over me as the sun rose over Machu Picchu
- Hiking the W trek in the Torres del Paine National Park in Patagonia
- Climbing the active Villarrica Volcano in Pucon, Chile, then sliding back down it using my ice pick as a hand break!!
- Meeting the wonderful people of Myanmar and experiencing Bagan, Inle Lake and Mandalay
- Driving a 4x4 along the beach on Frazer Island, Australia
- Hang gliding in Queenstown, New Zealand
- Having beautiful untouched beaches all to myself in Punta Del Diablo, Uruguay
- Hiking the Rocky Mountains in Colorado, waking up to see a bear footprint outside my tent!
- Taking a 3rd class train journey whilst mingling with the locals from Hanoi to Sapa, Vietnam