Canada, Alaska, Iceland & Greenland Travel Specialist
Tel: (0)1737 887 353
Doug’s travel career started by selling cruises to worldwide destinations before joining Discover the World in 2013. Doug has a real passion for wildlife and has been able to enjoy some wonderful experiences in Canada and Alaska and has been lucky enough to spot bears and whales on his travels.
Doug loves Iceland because of the spectacular scenery and his favourite part is the Snæfellsnes Peninsula where he has enjoyed visiting the volcanic craters, hot springs, rugged coastlines and of course the opportunity to spot plenty of orcas.
Doug's Top Travel Experiences
- Heli hiking in the Rockies gave me a birds eye view of some of the most majestic mountains in the world before being treated to a picnic lunch in a remote location
- The Maligne Canyon Wildlife Tour in the Canadian rockies - there was just so much wildlife in such a short space of time; brown bears, beavers, bald eagles, ospreys, mountain goats, big horned sheep, elk
- Seeing a grizzly bear and it's year-old cub crossing in front of my boat just yards away in the Great Bear Rainforest
- Kayaking in Tutka Bay with porpoises, sea otters and bald eagles keeping me company!
- Getting off the beaten track and relaxing in the Landbrotalaug Hot Pot
- Seeing the northern lights above Qassiarsuk with epic mountains and icebergs providing the back drop
- Snorkelling in the clearest glacier waters at Silfra
- Seeing a massive pod of orcas in Grundarfjordur, Iceland
- Snowmobiling at the Icehotel across the frozen Torne River Witnessing humpback whales bubble net feeding in the Kenai Fjords