Product & Marketing Director
After growing up in Africa, Georgina developed a deep love of travel and has worked in the travel industry for the past 20 years. The last sixteen years have been spent at Discover the World in both the marketing and product departments, with 10 years as Marketing Director and more recently as Product & Marketing Director. Georgina has travelled extensively to many of our destinations including Iceland, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Canada, New Zealand and Australia as well as many other countries in Africa, Europe and the Caribbean.
Georgina Hancock's Top Travel Experiences
- Mushing my own team of huskies through the magical winter wilderness of Lapland
- Experiencing my best nights sleep ever at the Icehotel - and no I wasn't at all cold!
- Gazing in wonder at many a sky filled with the most magnificent northern lights displays in Norway, Finland, Sweden and Iceland
- Enjoying the wonderful food and wines that the Hawkes Bay region in New Zealand has to offer
- Driving through the most unique and spectacular scenery I have ever seen in Iceland, where around every corner there is a view to take your breath away and barely anyone else in sight
- Sampling the Icehotel's sublime 12-course Chef's Table - pure drama and utterly brilliant.