Head of Worldwide Product
Liz joined Discover the World in 2002, working in the Iceland Operations team before becoming Programme Manager for New Zealand for several years. Following an 18 month break she returned to DTW as Polar Journeys Product Manager in 2008, and more recently has set up our new Australia, Canada and Alaska programmes. Having lived and worked in both Canada and New Zealand, Liz has also travelled extensively throughout Australia, NZ and the South Pacific, as well as North, Central and South America. She has also visited Iceland several times and in December 2008 achieved a lifelong dream of visiting Antarctica – which managed to surpass every expectation!
Liz's Top Travel Experiences
- Swimming with majestic whale sharks at Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia – literally took my breath away!
- Exploring New Zealand’s Catlins Coast in search of penguins; highlight was going for a surf and being joined by a pod of Hectors dolphins (who were infinitely better surfers than I’ll ever be…)
- Flying over the spectacular mountains and glaciers of Kluane National Park in the Yukon, Canada, and finally spotting my first (and second!) moose in the wild, from the air.
- Sailing the Great Bear Rainforest - kayaking remote fjords, enjoying close encounters with grizzlies and watching the sun set over the pristine wilderness of British Columbia's Pacific Coast
- Watching the northern lights dance overhead in the frozen north of Alaska.
- Antarctica: everything, from the dramatic scenery, the immense icebergs, the fascinating history of exploration, the endearingly comical penguins and other amazing wildlife, to the invigorating polar plunge, the great company on board and the enthusiasm and knowledge of the expedition team.