Head of Worldwide Product
Liz first joined Discover the World in 2002, working briefly with the Iceland team before becoming Programme Manager for New Zealand for several years. Following an 18 month break she returned to DTW as to look after our Polar voyages, as well as creating brand new holiday programmes to Australia, Canada, Alaska and southern Africa. Liz now oversees the Product Team covering all our long-haul destinations.
Having lived and worked in both Canada and New Zealand, Liz has also travelled extensively throughout Australia, NZ and the South Pacific, as well as North, Central and South America. She has also visited Antarctica, the Arctic, Iceland and Scandinavia, and more recently has started to explore the African continent with her first safari in Namibia.
Liz's Top Travel Experiences
- Swimming with majestic whale sharks at Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia – literally took my breath away!
- Exploring New Zealand’s Catlins Coast, where we searched for penguins and surfed with Hectors dolphins
- Coming face to face with lions, white rhino, elephants and more on my first African safari
- Hiking to the top of Sossusvlei’s ancient Big Daddy Dune in Namibia
- Sailing the Great Bear Rainforest - kayaking remote fjords, enjoying close encounters with grizzlies and watching the sun set over the pristine wilderness of British Columbia's Pacific Coast
- Flying over the spectacular mountains and glaciers of Kluane National Park in the Yukon, Canada, and finally spotting my first (and second!) moose in the wild, from the air
- Watching the northern lights dance overhead in the frozen north of Alaska
- Hiking past flamingos and guanacos to marvel at the iconic Torres del Paine, Chile
- Feeling spray on my face from the thunderous Iguazu Falls, Argentina
- Kayaking through Spitsbergen’s icy waters to be startled by a walrus popping up right next to me
- Antarctica: everything, from the dramatic scenery, the immense icebergs, the fascinating history of exploration, the endearingly comical penguins and other amazing wildlife, to the invigorating polar plunge, the great company on board and the enthusiasm and knowledge of the expedition team