This two day itinerary can be combined with trips to any of our other Chinese destinations; Beijing, Xi’an, Hong Kong, Yangtze and Chengdu, to form trips from 7-11+ days
Our China combination recommendation:
Beijing > Shanghai
Departure time: Year round | Currency: Renminbi
- Weather processes & hazards
- Climate change
- Water & river processes, landforms & management
- Geological processes & landforms
- Urban change & growth
- Development & inequality
- Economic change
- Global systems & global governance
- Food resources
- Water resources
- Energy resources
- The Bund
- Lujiazui financial district
- Yuyan Gardens
Day 1 – Shanghai – The Bund – Xintiandi – Lujiazui Financial Center – Nanjing Road
- Enjoy a city tour of the Bund, a waterfront area in the centre of the city, Xintiandi, the shopping area and Lujiazui, the financial district famous for its striking skyline.
- Take an optional sightseeing trip to the top of the Oriental Pearl TV Tower or the 100th floor of the World Financial Trade Centre for views over the city.
- In the evening, visit the restaurants and shops of the vibrant Nanjing Road, one of the world’s busiest shopping districts.
Day 2 – Yu Gardens – Old City Area – Jade Buddha Temple – City Planning Exhibition Hall
- Wander the beautiful Yuyuan Gardens; spot koi in the large ponds and view the exquisite jade rock.
- See two ornate jade buddhas in the Jade Buddha Temple, where monks still hold ceremonies.
- Visit the six storey Urban Planning Exhibition and see scale models of the city’s current and future plans for development from a bird’s eye view.
- Alternatively choose to venture out of the city and spend a half day exploring the water town of Zhujiajiao, with its 36 bridges and multitude of canals.
- In the evening, celebrate your final night in Shanghai by seeing an acrobatic show.
See more of China in one trip, combine this itinerary with:
- Hong Kong
- Yangtze and Chengdu