This two day itinerary can be combined with trips to any of our other Chinese destinations; Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong,Yangtze and Chengdu, to form trips from 7-11+ days
Our China combination recommendation:
Beijing > Xi’an > Shanghai
Departure time: Year round | Currency: Renminbi
- Weather processes & hazards
- Climate change
- Water & river processes, landforms & management
- Geological processes & landforms
- Urban change & growth
- Development & inequality
- Economic change
- Global systems & global governance
- Food resources
- Water resources
- Energy resources
- City wall of Xi’an
- Giant Wild Goose Pagoda
- Drum Tower of Xi’an
- Bell Tower of Xi’an
- Xian Terracotta Warriors’ Museum
- Muslim Quarter of Xi’an
Day 1 – Arrive Xi’an – Ancient City Walls – Giant Wild Goose Pagoda – Bell & Drum Towers
- Take a bike ride along Xi’an’s old city walls
- Unearth the history of the Giant Wild Goose Pagoda and how the many dynasties of China have added their own stamps to its design
- Hear the rumble of the drum in the Drum Tower, which used to be sounded along with the bells in the Bell Tower to tell time in Xi’an.
Day 2 – Terracotta Army – Great Mosque and Muslim Quarter – Huimin Street Market
- Visit the Terracotta army, one of the most significant archaeological excavations of the 20th century.
- Explore the Muslim Quarter of Xi’an, founded by Silk Road traders, and now home to some 20,000 Chinese Muslims
- Discover the Humin Street area, where you will find Islamic architecture and the night market featuring a colourful array of street food and souvenir stalls.
- In the evening, include an optional dumpling banquet and Tang Dynasty show.
This Xi’an itinerary can be combined with any of our other China destinations to make your perfect Chinese adventure:
- Hong Kong
- Yangtze and Chengdu