Around Spitsbergen with Doug Allan
Join Doug Allan on a Special Svalbard Expedition!
Presenting Doug Allan, award-winning polar photographer and cameraman, as special lecturer on our Around Spitsbergen expedition departing 24 August 2020.
M/S Quest: 24 August 2020
Doug Allan is one of the world’s best known and respected cameramen, whose love affair with ice has lasted over forty years. Spending four winters as a research diver, scientist, base commander and photographer for the British Antarctic Survey, he changed direction to a full-time cameraman in 1984. Doug specialises in natural history, expeditions and science documentaries in the wildest and most remote places on our planet – particularly the polar zones. Over his career, he has been on over 20 expeditions to Svalbard to film its wildlife! During his career, he’s filmed for series like The Blue Planet and Planet Earth. Others credits include Frozen Planet, Ocean Giants, Operation Iceberg and Forces of Nature.
His photographic awards include eight Emmys and five BAFTAs. He has twice won the underwater category in the Wildlife Photographer of the Year and has three Honorary Doctorates in recognition of his camerawork, as well as two Polar Medals.
Doug will share some of his experiences and stories as you attempt to circumnavigate the island of Spitsbergen.
- Accommodation: Cabin on board M/S Quest
- Transport: Expedition ship, Zodiac
- Ship: M/S Quest (former Sea Endurance)
- Passengers: 53 passengers
- Languages: English & Swedish
- Duration: 12 days, 10 nights on the ship, 1 night in a pre-voyage hotel
- Price: From £7,592 – price includes all meals onboard, refreshments, an experienced expedition leader and knowledgeable guides, guiding ashore and talks on board, all excursions and activities and comprehensive information material before the expedition.
- Departures: 24 August 2020
Get In Touch
Contact our Polar Travel Specialists if you have any questions or to make a booking.