Icehotel Direct Flight
How to get to the ICEHOTEL.
Located 200km above the Arctic Circle, in the village of Jukkasjarvi in Swedish Lapland, you’ll find the breathtaking Icehotel and it’s easy to get to.
Kiruna Airport in Swedish Lapland is just 20 minutes from the Icehotel. Scheduled flights from the UK to Kiruna operate throughout the year via Stockholm. This provides an opportunity to add a night or two in Sweden’s capital.
We also offer the only direct flight from UK to the Icehotel on specific dates during the winter season. Unfortunately, due to the current situation with Covid-19 we have had to take the decision not to operate our direct flight during the 2020/21 winter season, and are reviewing the situation for winter 2021/22 – see dates below.
Why fly direct?
- Maximise your time away with our 3½ hour flight to Kiruna. This can save you up to 4½ hours.
- Pre-booked seats
- On our direct flight it is possible to reserve any seats* in advance at no extra cost, so if you’d like that little bit of extra leg room by booking an aisle seat or you’d like to confirm seats together for your party, simply give us call. When flying scheduled services however, you’ll need to wait until check-in to choose any seats and there is no guarantee that you will be able to sit together. *except emergency exit seats which must be allocated at check-in
- More convenient flight times.
- By flying direct you’ll have far friendlier flight times. Departing Heathrow mid morning at 10:35 and landing in Kiruna mid-afternoon around 3pm. On your return journey you can enjoy a leisurely breakfast as you won’t be departing Kiruna until 14:25, landing back on UK soil at Heathrow around 5pm. If you travel via Stockholm, flights depart Heathrow at either 07:00, meaning a very early start or a mid-afternoon flight, which combined with the extra travel time, means arriving in Kiruna just before midnight. It is even a requirement on some dates to stop overnight in Stockholm adding on extra cost and travel plans to your break.
- Reduced risk of lost luggage
- When flying direct there is no need to change planes which may have tight connections, increasing the risk of your luggage not making it to the destination – always a bonus.
- Complimentary meals & drinks.
- Scheduled services via Stockholm don’t include a complimentary meal service – although you’ll be able to buy drinks and light snacks onboard. Only on our direct flight you be able to enjoy a meal with wine, beer and soft drinks, included in the price. In economy class the meal will be cold; upgrade to premium class to enjoy a hot meal while you fly.
Upgrade your flight
Premium class upgrade
- Business class check-in at Heathrow Airport
- Fast Track through security at Heathrow Airport
- Access to Business Lounge at Heathrow Airport
- 30kg baggage allowance (instead of the usual 23 kg)
- Upgraded hot meal on the flights together with complimentary wine, beer and soft drinks
- Pre-allocated seating in the Premium section
Please note that there is a limited number of seats available for the upgraded service, book early to ensure your seat.
We do also offer the option to fly via Stockholm, and chance to stop over there, our direct flight is the quickest and most comfortable way to reach the ICEHOTEL. Discover more about Icehotel holidays »
Need inspiration for what you could do with your saved time? Speak to one of our travel specialists or read some of our favourite things to do at the ICEHOTEL.