This fantastic winter holiday combines 'fire and ice' bringing together the stylish cool of Sweden's Icehotel with the volcanic natural wonders of Iceland. In spite what its name may suggest, Iceland does not have an ice hotel of its own, so we designed this holiday to offer the best of both worlds. Of course, you can also opt for a 3-night break at the Icehotel in Swedish Lapland or short escape to Iceland.
- Spend a night in an ice room at the Icehotel
- Explore the pristine surrounds of Swedish Lapland on a choice of activities
- Enjoy time at leisure in Iceland exploring Reykjavik, the Blue Lagoon and the Golden Circle
- Great chances for seeing the northern lights
- Experience Scandinavia culture and cuisine in vibrant Stockholm
- Return flights UK-Keflavik-Stockholm-Kiruna-UK
- Accommodation in rooms with private bathroom
- 1 night in an Ice Room with shared facilities
- Daily breakfasts
Over the course of 7 nights, you'll sleep on ice, explore the pristine wilderness of Swedish Lapland, marvel at erupting geysers, bathe in Blue Lagoon and experience the culture of two distinct capitals - Stockholm and Reykjavik. And with plenty of chances to witness the northern lights, this itinerary offers diverse and unforgettable experiences.
Spend time at the iconic Icehotel amidst the snow covered winter wonderland of Swedish Lapland as well as marvel at the volcanic curiosities and intriguing landscapes of Iceland's south west. You'll also be able to contrast the style and history of Stockholm with the quirky charm and artistic flair of Reykjavik on a truly memorable winter holiday.
With a huge choice of optional activities available throughout, this flexible itinerary allows you to make your time away as active or relaxed as you wish. And if conditions permit, see might see the northern lights in both countries!
Prices & Dates
Prices from per person based on two sharing, unless stated otherwise
|Dec 2018 - Mar 2019||7 nights||£1,763|
- Return flights between the UK and Keflavik, Keflavik and Stockholm, Stockholm and Kiruna, Kiruna and the UK (last leg either via Stockholm or on our direct charter)
- 3 nights accommodation with private bathroom in Reykjavik
- 1 night accommodation with private bathroom in Stockholm
- 3 nights at the Icehotel (2 nights in a Kaamos room with private bathroom and 1 night in an Ice Room with a shared bathroom)
- Daily breakfast
- Thermal one-piece suit, boots and mittens to use while staying at the Icehotel
- Airport transfers in Iceland and Kiruna
- 24 hour emergency assistance from our team during your holiday
- No surcharge guarantee
Optional Accommodation Upgrades:
You may wish to add extra nights either in Reykjavik or perhaps choose an alternative hotel in Reykjavik. At the Icehotel you can upgrade from an ice room to an amazing Art Suite from £79 per person per night or a Deluxe Suite from £233 per person per night. Please contact us for the different options available and we’ll be happy to provide a quote.
Itinerary & Accommodation
Itinerary & Accommodation
On arrival at Keflavik Airport transfer to Hotel Reykjavik Centrum and check in for a 3-night stay.
Reykjavik is blessed with numerous natural wonders all within easy reach of the city centre. Spend your time enjoying city culture, join one of the many excursions available to explore the surrounding countryside or perhaps hire a car and explore at your own pace.
Transfer to Keflavik for the early morning flight to Stockholm. Rest of the day at leisure then overnight at Hotel C Stockholm (payable locally). From here you can go sightseeing, shopping, visit the city’s museums and galleries, or sample some of the bars, restaurants and cafes that make this such a lively city.
Make your way to Arlanda Airport (payable locally) for the flight to Kiruna. Transfer to the Icehotel and check in for a 3-night stay (one of which will be in a Ice Room). Take a guided tour and get kitted out in suitable outdoor clothing for the duration of your stay.
There’s plenty of thrilling winter activities on offer to help you make the most of your surrounds – from snowmobiling and husky sledding, to northern lights adventures and ice sculpting, there’s something for everyone.
Transfer to Kiruna for your flight home.
Find a holiday idea or suggested itinerary that inspires you, then send an enquiry or call us
Your dedicated travel specialist will create a quote based on your preferences
Together we’ll refine your itinerary until you’re happy and ready to book
From the moment you book until you return home we’re here for you no matter what