Senior Tailor Made Travel Specialist - Worldwide
Tel: 01737 888 029
Jo has been with Discover the World since 1998, selling a variety of wildlife holidays in different destinations over the years and now specialising in our Polar, North and South America, Australasia and African holidays. Wildlife is her real passion and her extensive travels have taken her to see countless species in far-flung places, including Antarctica, the Falklands, South Georgia, Spitsbergen, Greenland, Canada and the High Arctic, Alaska, Ecuador and the Galapagos, Chile, New Zealand, Australia, Hawaii, French Polynesia, South Africa, St Helena, Sweden, Norway and Iceland.
Her main interest is seeing whales and dolphins in the wild and has been lucky enough to see blue whales in Baja California and Alaska; belugas in Churchill and St Lawrence River; Orcas in Iceland and Alaska as well as many other species of whales and dolphins all over the world. A couple of her best experiences were seeing a humpback whale spy hopping right next to the zodiac in Hawaii and being surrounded by king penguins and elephant seals in South Georgia.
Jo C's Top Travel Experiences
- Quietly cruising past icebergs the size of buildings swathed in mist in a Zodiac boat in Greenland
- Seeing the northern lights dancing across the sky over the frozen lake at the Icehotel
- Having a perfect day in Antarctica seeing humpback whales at breakfast, taking a zodiac excursion amongst icebergs and seeing crabeater and leopard seals, penguins and a minke whale, followed by an amazing sunset BBQ with towering mountains behind us
- Seeing polar bears on a beach right next to the zodiac in Spitsbergen
- Having a penguin chick try to chew my wellington boot in Antarctica
- Seeing a humpback whale spy hopping next to the zodiac in Hawaii and swimming with dolphins there
- Learning Polynesian dancing and swimming with reef tip sharks and sting rays in French Polynesia
- Seeing a grizzly bear for the first time and watching her eating salmon by the side of the river
- Being surrounded by thousands of king penguins and elephant seals on South Georgia
- Seeing a leopard at Pumba Game Reserve (Eastern Cape, South Africa)
- Snorkelling with thousands of multi coloured fish on St Helena and seeing hundreds of pantropical spotted dolphins including Mums and babies