Car Rental in Chile
A large variety of automatic and manual vehicles are available from Europcar Chile, from basic small compacts to premium 4 wheel drives. With many depots throughout Chile, contact our team for details regarding the vehicle categories available at specific locations.
Please note that named vehicles are given as examples only – similar vehicles may be used within each group. Other vehicle types are available.
* Car category only available in Santiago
Please consult our ‘Vehicle Rental Factsheet’ for further details regarding insurance excess reduction options, international driving charges, one-way rental fees and other important information. Please note that all information is subject to change, including any prices given.
Drivers must be 22 years old or over and hold a current non-probationary drivers licence from their home country. An International drivers’ licence will also be required, alongside the home country licence – these can be obtained at most Post Offices. Drivers under 22 years old will be required to pay a young driver surcharge of approximately £15 per day.
Two drivers are included in the rental rate and standard CDW insurance. Further drivers will incur a supplement.
Europcar has a non-smoking policy for all of its vehicles.
If you damage a rental vehicle the excess charges can be very high. Whilst it is possible to purchase Excess Waiver Insurance at the time of collecting your vehicle, this can also be expensive and generally only reduces the excess. You should consider taking out cover before your depart and one UK company offering excess waiver insurance is Insurance4CarHire. This policy covers you for reimbursement of the insurance excess, accidental damage to the vehicle, windows, tyres and damage caused by sand and ash, loss of car keys, plus many other benefits.*
* Please note Terms and conditions apply
- Insurance4CarHire excess insurance excludes motorhomes, camper-vans and accidental damage to the interior or contents of the vehicle.
- The insurance policy must be taken out in the same name as the lead passenger on the car hire booking.
- You must take out this cover at least the day before collecting your vehicle.
- The policy is only applicable for people aged 21-85 years inclusive and you must also be permanent residents of the European Economic Area (EEA). These policies are always subject to the same exclusions and conditions as stated in the standard insurance provided by the car hire company (unless specifically noted otherwise).
For full details and options please visit Insurance4CarHire or call direct on 01242 538 475